“Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.”
– Carl Sagan
What is the imagination? The rational definition is ‘The faculty or action of forming new ideas, or images, or concepts of external objects not present to the senses.’ and ‘The ability of the mind to be creative or resourceful.’ – Oxford Dictionary.
The imagination is the gateway to everything; it can solve any problem, it can build a new future, it can shift society, it can turn a frown into a smile, it can offer freedom, it can transcend the ordinary into the extraordinary.
It is one of the main foundations to leading a joyous life. Where does the mystery and allure of life reside? In the imagination. Where does the ability to pivot; and turn one perception into another? In the imagination. How can one reunite with their inner-child and bring them out to shine once more? In the imagination.
The key to unlocking the truth, the brilliance of life itself is by opening the door to the imagination. The imagination has no ‘right or wrong’, it does not judge, nor does it care about how good you are or the finished result; it simple cares about how you feel on the path, and how much you are willing to see beyond the physical. It begs you to enter the wealth of the Universe and all the things our mental/ego self can not comprehend.
It is true, as we get older, we tend to forget or leave behind our imaginative days of being a child without the heaviness of adult life, but what we must remember is that by the way of imagination the heaviness can be lifted and renovated.
We can train our imaginations to come back, flourish and support us in all our experiences and decisions. It is like riding a bike once you learn how, it remains with you forever, but you might need to practice a bit and integrate it into your daily life. But once you have your mind, body and spirit thank you ten thousand times over. `
- My imagination is a priority
- As I clear my mind, I make room for imagination.
- It is easy for me to express and share my imagination.
- I am imaginative and believe in my ideas.
- I release all anxiety and embrace my imagination.
- It is safe for me to play in and with my imagination.
- The Anja, the Third Eye, the sixth Chakra is where the imagination rests, heals, expands, and projects itself.
- Vocal Statement: “I see”
- Physical Location: Between the eyebrows
- Color Representation: Indigo
- Musical Note: A
- Element Resonance: Light
- Planet Connection: Saturn, representing the feminine, transcending the physical sight
- Sanskrit Mantra: OM
Motivate Your Imagination:
What You Will Need:
- Any kind of paints, markers, or colored pencils
- Any kind of canvas, small, large whichever you feel called towards
- Any other support tools like crystals, a candle, sacred objects
- Clean-up support tools like a bowl of water, cloth, etc
Carve out at least 30min if not more for this activity. Sit with yourself in a gentle meditation, and close your eyes, begin to breathe gentle and naturally.
Clear the chaos and thoughts from your mind and allow yourself to wander in the realm of imagination. After a few moments, gentle and softly open your eyes and begin to paint what you saw/see in your Third Eye. It does not need to make sense, just paint; it could be shapes, a person, a place, it could be surrealistic, no matter what do not let your mental, ego take charge to make it make sense. Just create, just put down on the paper what you see in your Anja.
Even if there is some darkness there that’s okay; get it out and on the paper. Keep tuning into your Third Eye and just create with intuitive imaginative freedom. This sequence will breathe new room and confidence into the Solar Plexus chakra and indefinitely the Third Eye.
Imagination Bath Ceremony:
- One Cup Pink Himalayan Salt
- White Rose Petals
- One Cup Coconut Milk
- Lapis Lazuli & Clear Quartz Crystal
- Place all ingredients in the tub at a temperature of your choosing
- Place your crystals around the tub
- Cleanse your aura with Palo Santo or Sage
- Look into the mirror with just your left eye and repeat: “It is safe for me to listen to my imagination”
- Step into the bath and dunk your head
- Place the crystals in the tub with you near your third eye
- Let the energy flow around you, bathe and soak in your medicine
- Repeat your intention again in your heart and third eye
- Step out of the tub and hug yourself with unconditional love
- Honor your mind body and spirit
- If you can collect as much of the bath water, petals and herbs and offer it to Nature, whether that’s indoor plant, a garden, park or sidewalk tree.
- Place your crystals in the moonlight to be charged and place your written intention next to them.
Three Simple Ways to Stimulate Your Imagination:
Shift Your Critical Self Perception: most people believe they are not imaginative, and their imagination is not ‘good’. This is 100% false, everyone has an imagination, shift your ‘no’ or ‘can’t’ to ‘yes’ and ‘can. Loosen up, you are an imaginative being.
Slow Down and Observe: take time to observe your surroundings, whether you live in a city or nature, whether you ride the train or drive, just simply observe all the things around you. Observations easily become fodder for the imagination (check-out my article on tuning into subtle messages for guidance).
Lighten-up and Enter Playfulness: as we get older, we seem to forget the importance of being playful, this is a key ingredient to uplifting the imagination. Lighten-up, stop taking yourself and everything so seriously, let yourself play in life. Do not worry about the outcome, just focus on enjoying the process and the playfulness that life is offering you at every second.
“If you fall in love with the imagination, you understand that it is a free spirit. It will go anywhere, and it can do anything.” – Alice Walker